marți, 18 martie 2014

Deprival

Plunder my sanity
plunder this shell:
although cracked
it holds yet so much inside.

Break, fall, die, crumble
leech all love.
Drain the shards of hope
bleed them into the night
dissolve them into the mist.

Salvation, redemption
as illusions of deliverance
indulgence, mercy, guilt
that bathe the hollowed soul. 

Burn the shadow
leave nothing behind
corrode the heart
with the strongest cyanhidric acid.

Shatter the marble against
the blackest of skies
for the stars' bite is worse
in cold, February nights. 
I'm watching still, waiting. 
Am I
guarding the ruins of what could've been
or protecting the citadel of my life?

Deliver me into sleep
in dreams of distant mountains 
covered in snow and ice
whilst scratching the heaven's silk.

Feed me the roots of the oak
feed me the roots of the oak
feed me the roots of the oak
feed me, feed me, feed me, starve me!

You are alive, guarded
by the oak's thick layer of leaves.
You are alive.

You could have been colossal
had you deprived the mountain
of it's 
roots.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu